I am Rose and this is my soapbox

Friday 22 January 2010

Surfed out brain waves flick back and forth.

The other day my mum woke me up early in the morning to ask me if I wanted anything from the supermarket. I have no idea what I told her, all I know is that she came back with a bunch of nice things to eat that I don't even know if I told her to buy for me. That afternoon I saw a documentary about this 6 year old little girl who had had the right hemisphere of her brain pulled out of her head because she had something like epilepsy or something of that kind. Because of that she couldn't control the left side of her body and you could tell how big the effort she made to move her left hand was and still her hand wouldn't move.
So I compared both situations, mine and hers, and my conclusion was: the human brain doesn't make any sense. How come sometimes it makes us do things that we don't want to do/even know we're doing and in other cases it won't let us do what we want and what we're telling it to do?

Maybe I just think too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment